Updated Arrangements for Admission Appeals
Please be aware that the original appeal commencement date of 11th May has been delayed until 22nd June so that appropriate arrangements can be put in place.
Appellants are entitled to 14 days’ written notice of the date and time of their appeal hearing and letters will be sent out to parents in line with this guidance following the completion of the questionnaire. Letters will be sent out by Royal Mail no later than the beginning of June 2020.
Arrangements for the Independent Appeals Panel for Year 7 Admission in September 2020
Parents or guardians will have the right of appeal to an independent appeals panel if they are dissatisfied with the school allocated to their daughter. The appeals panel will be independent of the academy. The arrangements for appeals will be in line with the Code of Practice on School Admission Appeals published by the Department for Education. The determination of the appeals panel will be made in accordance with the Code of Practice on School Admission Appeals and is binding on all parties.
Coronavirus outbreak -
- The parent/guardian should contact the academy office and ask for the appeal paperwork to be sent out.
- The parent/guardian should return the completed appeal paperwork and supporting evidence to the academy by 12 noon on Tuesday, 31st March 2020.
- When the paperwork is received back at the academy an acknowledgement letter will be sent to the parent/guardian – if you do not receive this you should contact the academy to check that your appeal has been received.
- A letter detailing the time/date of the appeal will be sent out to parents/guardians after the Easter break.
- The appeal hearings will be held over several days, beginning Monday, 11th May 2020. This date is subject to change depending upon the availability of the appeals panel and the number of appeals to be heard.
Any queries related to the above process should be directed to Julie Collin, Administration Manager, at the academy.